2021-06-30: Lamia Salsabil (Computer Science PhD Student)

                                                                                                            
My name is Lamia Salsabil. I am an international student from Dhaka, Bangladesh. I joined the WS-DL (Web Science and Digital Libraries Research Group) at Old Dominion University as a PhD student in the Spring of 2021 under the direct supervision of Dr. Jian Wu. My current research project involves feature extraction. My research interest includes Natural Language Processing, Applied Machine Learning and Big Data. 

From an early age, I’ve always been deeply interested in science and technology. The decision to study my undergraduate in Computer Science and Engineering stemmed from an interest and aptitude in this area. In February 2018, I received my Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science and Engineering from Khulna University of Engineering and Technology (KUET).

I used to solve coding challenges in various platforms for competitive programming, like - HackerRank, Codeforces, SPOJ, CodeChef, UVa Online Judge. I have been a coding mentor of the group SGIPC KUET  for two years. It shaped me as a better programmer and strengthened my analytical problem solving capabilities.

Before Joining the WS-DL group, I worked as a Junior Software Engineer at Nascenia. There I worked on various web development projects as a full stack developer. I have used multiple technologies and programming languages while working there. I have gained coding skill in C++, C#, Ruby on Rails, Python, HTML, CSS, Bootstrap, ASP.NET, XML. I also have expertise in working with web servers - Nginx and Apache.

I joined ODU on January 19, 2021 and I have enrolled for three courses in this semester:

It is an honor to be part of the WS-DL (Web Science and Digital Libraries Research Group) and work under the direct supervision of Dr. Jian Wu. Due to the current pandemic situation, I didn’t get the opportunity to meet the group in person. But, I am hoping to meet everyone in this research group very soon.

--Lamia Salsabil



Comments