2023-01-18: Satwik Ram - Ph.D. Student

 

Hello folks! This is Satwik Ram, international Ph.D. student from Bengaluru, India. Before beginning my doctoral studies, I earned my bachelor's degree in Computer Science from Visvesvaraya Technological University. I have had a strong interest in artificial intelligence since my engineering days, and I have published a number of research papers in international journals and conferences. 

ISG (Information Services Group), where I worked as a Data Scientist before joining ODU, provided me with invaluable AI knowledge. During my professional experience, the corporate environment has provided a great opportunity in enhancing my domain knowledge and coding skills.


I joined ODU in the fall of 2022. I am very excited to begin my Ph.D. research under the supervision of Dr. Vikas Ashok and even more excited to be part of the Accessible Computing Lab and WSDL (Web Science and Digital Libraries Research Group).

My research areas are Natural Language Processing, Computer Vision, Deep Learning, and Human Computer Interaction.

I like collaborating with the WS-DL, and I think the WS-DL is a wonderful place to meet other researchers.

I am interested in teaching. In the Fall semester I got an opportunity to teach a few concepts in CSE 795/895: Natural Language Processing by Dr. Vikas and this semester also I will be teaching a few concepts in  CSE 795/895: Computer Vision by Dr. Vikas.

I want to work professionally as a Research Scientist performing core Artificial Intelligence research after completing the Ph.D. degree, continuing my research with Dr. Vikas and WSDL. My long-term objective is to develop into a researcher who generates fresh concepts for AI that are then worked on either by teams or by myself.

Connect with me on LinkedIn and Twitter.

View my works at Google Scholar and GitHub.

-- SRK

Comments