2021-11-22: Mohan Krishna Sunkara (Computer Science PhD Student)

             

Hello, my name is Mohan Krishna Sunkara. I am a PhD student in the Computer Science department. I am a member of the Web Science and Digital Libraries (WS-DL) research group working under the supervision of Dr. Vikas Ashok. I joined Old Dominion University in fall 2021. My research interest includes computer vision, human-computer interaction, machine learning, and deep learning. I have graduated from Manipal Institute of Technology with a Bachelor of Technology in information technology and a Master of Technology in computer science and engineering.

During my master’s degree, I worked as an R&D intern in HP Hewlett-Packard Research and Development in Bangalore, India. I used to work on HP printers where I learnt about operating systems, networking and come across various machine learning and deep learning models. My goal is to add intelligence to the HP printers so that they can find solutions for its their problem thereby reducing human work. 




I also had the opportunity to work as Digital Intern in P&G Procter & Gamble in Europe (near Prague, Czech Republic). I used to live in Rakovnik which is about 1 hour from Prague. During my internship near Prague not only did I enjoy the work, but also the place which has a glorious past. The P&G site where I used to work was called 'Rakona'. I worked on projects which includes internet of things, data analysis, data visualization, and web development.


Right now, I am working on how to improve accessibility for people with visual impairments like low vision users and blind users. Apart from work, I am also interested in filmmaking especially in making horror mystery films and to gain more knowledge in that field I completed a diploma in film acting during my bachelor’s degree in Hyderabad, India. I also love social and spiritual service and I worked as a volunteer for many social and spiritual organizations. 

I truly love the work I do in the WSDL lab in ODU. I am proud to be part of ODU and thanks for taking the time to know about me.

 

Thanks,

Mohan Krishna Sunkara,

PhD student, ODU


Comments