2020-09-27: Xin Wei (Computer Science PhD student)

This is Xin Wei. I started working with Dr. Wu in the summer of 2020. I received bachelor's degree in Economics from Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China. I also got a Master's degree from Stony Brook University. I am pursuing the Ph.D. degree at the Department of Computer Science at Old Dominion University. I transferred from Economics to Computer Science since CS can address more realistic problems compared with Economics.


Before joining the Web Science and Digital Libraries (WS-DL) Lab, I have published several papers in the field of federated learning, incentivizing mechanism design, and sharing economy. I have published papers in IJCAI, IPDPS, and ICDCSThese papers study the computation bottleneck problem in federated learning, the incentivizing mechanism considering heterogeneous difficulty levels in sharing economy, and the ideal location of parkings of sharing E-scooters.


My research interests mainly lie in machine learning, big data, and NLP. After joining WS-DL Lab, my current work is keyword extraction and named entity extraction. My work can help find authors, organizations in acknowledgements. This paper has been submitted for publication. I also work on keyword extraction in support of a project from LANL. I also participate in a project from PSU to extract features used for predicting claim reproducibility from scholarly papers. My task is to calculate co-citations to evaluate the correlations between different academic papers.


I am very excited to be a member of the WS-DL Lab. I am enthusiastic in studying more state-of-the-art topics under the guidance of my advisor together with other colleagues in the lab. 


--Xin Wei

Comments