2020-07-21: Excited to join WS-DL group at ODU

As a new member of WS-DL group, I like to share a bit of my story before joining ODU CS. I have received my BS and MS in Computer Engineering in Iran. I have graduated with a PhD degree in Computer Science from Texas A&M University in 2018.  I was a member of the Center for the Study of the Digital Libraries (CSDL) group. I have worked with Dr. Frank Shipman. My research interests are in Computer Human Information Interaction, Data Science, Machine Learning and Data Mining, Information Retrieval, Digital Libraries, Web Archive, Digital Data Preservation, and Social Computing.

I have years of experience in teaching computer science courses. While I was working on my PhD research remotely, I kept my connection with academia and have taught several different courses at Computer Science department at Virginia Tech for two years (2017-2019). My family and I moved to Norfolk last year (Fall 2019) and I started as a full-time faculty at Physics, Computer Science and Engineering Department (PCSE) at CNU for 2019-2020 academic year. And now I am joining ODU CS faculty team at this unusual time (COVID-19 pandemic) of 2020.

I am excited to join ODU CS Department and WS-DL group starting fall 2020. Experiencing the pandemic, I am grateful for the opportunity. I am so grateful for my past colleagues and mentors at Texas A&M, Virginia Tech, CNU and now at ODU. Excited to see you all face-to-face soon.

By Faryaneh Poursardar – July 21, 2020


Comments