2019-12-03: Excited to be back at ODU and even more excited to be part of the WS-DL group!

I joined ODU as an M.S. student in Fall 2009 and was fortunate to be immediately hired as a Research Assistant.  As an RA, I was exposed to many interesting and intriguing problems in then emerging fields of Computer Science, which triggered my passion for research. At some point, I started imagining how wonderful it would be if I could have a career in research and teaching. Fast forward to 2019, I am back at ODU as an Assistant Professor!

I received my Ph.D. from Stony Brook University in 2018, and continued my research there as a Postdoctoral Associate till the end of summer 2019. My research mainly centered around Web Accessibility, with specific focus on making the web more usable for people with visual disabilities. This work was very rewarding, and I am thankful for the support from Stony Brook University (Catacosinos Fellowship 2015) and National Science Foundation (Co-PI on a grant).

Back to the present - I am excited to be a member of the WS-DL group at ODU. As Michael says, Web Accessibility and Web Archivability are close cousins,  and I am very eager to explore their intersection. I am also keen on investigating other research topics in Human Computer Interaction, Artificial Intelligence, and Natural Language Processing. It sure feels good to return to my home turf ;)

--Vikas Ashok--

Comments